Re: [GENERAL] Error when building new db using pg_restore

От Jim Longwill
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Error when building new db using pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/21/2017 01:21 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Jim Longwill <JLongwill@psmfc.org> wrote:
>
>> rdev1=# \dd
>>           Object descriptions
>>   Schema | Name | Object | Description
>> --------+------+--------+-------------
>> (0 rows)
> Nothing user created has comments by default.  \dd only shows a very
> limited subset of user created objects by default.  That you didn't
> explicit add comments to any of those types objects is unsurprising.
> See the docs for exactly what "\dd" and "\ddS" will consider.
>
> David J.
Ok.. I've tried again using psql \dd.. type commands to locate this
COMMENT object,
including as 'postgres' and in the source database of the tar file but
it does not show up.
Yes.. we have never put in any object comments, so it must have come in
from the postgres
installation.  It'll be tough to delete this thing if I can't find it,
but oh well!

I won't worry about this much more, but if the system identifies it as
an error then
I thought it was at least worth making the inquiry.   Thanks!
--Jim  :^)

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Error when building new db using pg_restore
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Error when building new db using pg_restore