Re: PATCH: backtraces for error messages

От Alexander Kuzmenkov
Тема Re: PATCH: backtraces for error messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/20/2018 06:10 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:

> I recently needed a way to get backtraces from errors in a convenient,
> non-interactive and indescriminate way. The attached patch is the
> result. It teaches Pg to use libunwind to self-backtrace in elog/ereport.
>
> Anyone think this is useful/interesting/worth pursuing?

This would be a great thing to have. I often need to add stack traces to
the logs, and for now I just link with libunwind and add some ad-hoc
function to grab the traces. Having libunwind support in core would make
this simpler.

--
Alexander Kuzmenkov
The Russian Postgres Company