dbi_link question -problem connecting to oracle

От Josh Harrison
Тема dbi_link question -problem connecting to oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Im not sure if this is the right place to ask about dbi_link. If not please forward  it there.

Im trying to create a dbi_link between Oracle and postgresql. i nistalled all the necessary perl packages
And I had run dbi_link.sql and it completed without any errors

This is sql that I use to connect
postgres@garuda:~$ less /home/postgres/dbi-link-2.0.0/examples/oracle/dola.sql
/*
 * Data source:     dbi:Oracle:hr;host=localhost;sid=xe
 * User:            hr
 * Password:        foobar
 * dbh attributes:  {AutoCommit => 1, RaiseError => 1}
 * dbh environment: NULL
 * remote schema:   NULL
 * remote catalog:  NULL
 * local schema:    hr
 */

UPDATE
    pg_catalog.pg_settings
SET
    setting =
        CASE WHEN 'dbi_link' = ANY(string_to_array(setting, ','))
        THEN setting
        ELSE 'dbi_link,' || setting
        END
WHERE
    name = 'search_path'
;

SELECT make_accessor_functions(
    'dbi:Oracle:sample;host=111.11.11.11;sid=xxx;port=1521',
    ''username',
    'password',
    '---
AutoCommit: 1
RaiseError: 1
',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    'sample'
);

And it executed successfully i think.It didnt comeplain of anything and created rules for all the tables in the oracle database

Now when I try to select from the remote table using
select r.* from sample.employee

ERROR:  relation "sample.employee" does not exist

What am I missing here?
Also what values should go into remote_schema and remote_catalog? Can they be nulls?

Thanks
Josh