Re: quick question abt pg_dump and restore

От Josh Harrison
Тема Re: quick question abt pg_dump and restore
Дата
Re: quick question abt pg_dump and restore  ("A. Kretschmer" <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com>)
Список pgsql-general

On Jan 9, 2008 9:12 AM, A. Kretschmer <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote:
am  Wed, dem 09.01.2008, um  9:02:23 -0500 mailte Josh Harrison folgendes:
> Hi,
> When restoring the pg_dumped data thro psql does the rows of the table are
> restored in the same order? ie for example if
> Table A has rows r1,r2,r3,r4,r5 in this order, then if I pg_dump and restore it
> to another database, will it have the rows in the same order r1,r2,r3,r4,r5?

No. If you need an order than you need an ORDER BY in the
SELECT-Statement.

Fine. I can use order by when I want  to order it in terms of some columns. But What if I want to maintain the same order as in the database1? ie., I want my rows of TableABC in Database2 to be the same order as the rows in TableABC in Database 1 ???

Thanks
josh

Сообщение: Re: quick question abt pg_dump and restore
Сообщение: Re: quick question abt pg_dump and restore