Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions
Дата
Re: Support a wildcard in backtrace_functions  (Jelte Fennema-Nio <me@jeltef.nl>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08.03.24 16:55, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Mar 2024 at 15:51, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
>> What is the relationship of these changes with the recently added
>> backtrace_on_internal_error?
>
> I think that's a reasonable question. And the follow up ones too.
>
> I think it all depends on how close we consider
> backtrace_on_internal_error and backtrace_functions. While they
> obviously have similar functionality, I feel like
> backtrace_on_internal_error is probably a function that we'd want to
> turn on by default in the future. While backtrace_functions seems like
> it's mostly useful for developers. (i.e. the current grouping of
> backtrace_on_internal_error under DEVELOPER_OPTIONS seems wrong to me)

Hence the idea

     backtrace_on_error = {all|internal|none}

which could default to 'internal'.

От: Dean Rasheed
Сообщение: Re: MERGE ... RETURNING
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] Improve dead tuple storage for lazy vacuum