PHP-Postgres link

От Ramses v. Pinxteren
Тема PHP-Postgres link
Дата
Re: PHP-Postgres link  (Charles Tassell <ctassell@isn.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I am running PHP under APache with a link to a postgres database. It gives
me a headache because it is not working.

I am running Apache as nobody, and I have made a Postgres user also named
nobody.

I made a postgres database users (as nobody: createdb users) and with psql a
database login (field 1: userindex, field 2 username, field 3 password,
field 4 security level)

with psql i can do everything I want with this table. adding tuples,
deleting them etc. etc.

Now what do i need: I need a script that adds a new user to this database.
so I created this:
<?
        $connection = pg_connect("", "", "", "users");
        echo ("$connection");
        $query = "INSERT INTO users.login VALUES ( '$userindex', '$uname',
'$passwrd1', '1')";
        echo ("$query");
        $result = pg_exec ($connection, "select *");
        print (pg_cmdtuples($result));
        pg_close($connection);
?>

This generates an error at the HTML output:

1INSERT INTO login VALUES ( '1', 'test', 'test', '1');
Warning: PostgresSQL query failed: ERROR: login: Table does not exist. in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/isis.cx/database_update.php3 on line 6

Warning: 0 is not a PostgresSQL result index in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/isis.cx/database_update.php3 on line 7

in the logffiles is specifies:
FindExec: found "/usr/local/postgres/bin/postgres" using argv[0]
started: host=localhost user=nobody database=users
InitPostgres
StartTransactionCommand
ERROR:  login: Table does not exist.
AbortCurrentTransaction
proc_exit(0) [#0]
shmem_exit(0) [#0]
exit(0)
/usr/local/postgres/bin/postmaster: reaping dead processes...
/usr/local/postgres/bin/postmaster: CleanupProc: pid 19113 exited with
status 0

I am a complete newby, so please go easy on me!

Tnx!
Ramses