Re: [BUGS] BUG #14654: With high statistics targets on ts_vector,unexpectedly high memory use & OOM are triggered

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14654: With high statistics targets on ts_vector,unexpectedly high memory use & OOM are triggered
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 07/12/2017 06:30 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
>> Yes, I can see that happening here too. The problem seems to be that the
>> analyze-function detoasts every row in the sample. Tsvectors can be very
>> large, so it adds up.
>
>> That's pretty easy to fix, the analyze function needs to free the
>> detoasted copies as it goes. But in order to do that, it needs to make
>> copies of all the lexemes stored in the hash table, instead of pointing
>> directly to the detoasted copies.
>
>> Patch attached. I think this counts as a bug, and we should backport this.
>
> +1.  I didn't test the patch, but it looks sane to the eyeball.

Ok, committed.

In some quick testing on my laptop, and the extra palloc+pfree adds
about 10% of overhead, in the worst case scenario that every tsvector in
the sample consists of totally unique lexemes. That's a bit unfortunate,
but it's a lot better than consuming gigabytes of memory.

- Heikki