Re: BUG #15827: Unable to connect on Windows using pg_services.conf using Python psycopg2

От Jorge Gustavo Rocha
Тема Re: BUG #15827: Unable to connect on Windows using pg_services.conf using Python psycopg2
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Hi Tom,

Thank you!

Best regards,

Jorge

Às 17:13 de 25/07/19, Tom Lane escreveu:
I wrote:
I really think that
we should stick with the approach of only removing \r when it is
followed by \n as we basically want to be able to counter the text
mode of Windows when something external wrote files read by our code,
where \n has been magically transformed to \r\n.
As I said, I'm not convinced that filtering \r only where it's actually
adjacent to \n is sufficient, even on Windows.  To suppose that it is
sufficient, you'd have to assume that fgets() guarantees not to split
the \r and \n across buffer boundaries, which I doubt that it does.
(If it does do that, it would break some other assumptions we have about
whether the buffer gets filled completely.)
Hearing nothing further on this, I went ahead with the patch as I had it
on HEAD, and a tweaked version of your patch on the back branches.
Logo   Geomaster, LDA
  VENHA DESCOBRIR O CAMINHO DO OPEN SOURCE CONNOSCO

Avenida Barros e Soares
N.º 423, 4715-214 Braga
VAT/NIF
510 906 109