Re: db crash after power crash

От Anton Maksimenkov
Тема Re: db crash after power crash
Дата
Список pgsql-general
May I ask - how can I do it...? My ordinary startup command (from
rc.local) like this
# su -l _postgresql -c "nohup /usr/local/bin/pg_ctl start -D
/var/postgresql/data -l /var/postgresql/logfile -o '-D
/var/postgresql/data'"

But I tried

# su -l _postgresql
$ postgres -D /var/postgresql/data/ -P billing
FATAL:  catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 2662

Anyhow, after all it is completely refuse to log me on. After shutting
down and ordinary startup the RDBMS:

$ export PGOPTIONS="-P"
$ psql -d billing
Password:
psql: FATAL:  catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 2662

$ unset PGOPTIONS
$ psql -d billing
Password:
psql: FATAL:  catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 2662

I think I broke something while experimenting with feeding -P to my
ordinary startup string...
--
engineer