Re: postgres_fdw - should we tighten up batch_size, fetch_size options against non-numeric values?

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: postgres_fdw - should we tighten up batch_size, fetch_size options against non-numeric values?
Дата
Ответ на Re: postgres_fdw - should we tighten up batch_size, fetch_size options against non-numeric values?  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: postgres_fdw - should we tighten up batch_size, fetch_size options against non-numeric values?  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2021/05/20 1:01, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> Thanks for the comments. I added separate messages, changed the error
> code from ERRCODE_SYNTAX_ERROR to ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE and
> also quoted the option name in the error message. PSA v3 patch.

Thanks for updating the patch!

+                        (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE),
+                         errmsg("invalid numeric value for option \"%s\"",
+                                def->defname)));

In reloptions.c, when parse_real() fails to parse the input, the error message
"invalid value for floating point option..." is output.
For the sake of consistency, we should use the same error message here?

-                        (errcode(ERRCODE_SYNTAX_ERROR),
-                         errmsg("%s requires a non-negative integer value",
+                        (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE),
+                         errmsg("invalid integer value for option \"%s\"",

IMO the error message should be "invalid value for integer option..." here
because of the same reason I told above. Thought?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center