Re: How to insert data from a text file

От Mike
Тема Re: How to insert data from a text file
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Sean Davis<sdavis2@mail.nih.gov> wrote:
> With 650k lines, you can use python, perl, java, etc. to insert the records;
> pick you language of choice.  Alternatively, you can use the psql client and
> its \copy command.

Sean,
Thanks for the quick response.
I'm barely literate with bash so there's probably quite an uphill
curve for me in python and perl.
Psql sounds very promising, though.  I think I'll start there.

> Just an aside, but on linux, have you looked into using either the find
> command or locate, or even google desktop?

The ultimate goal is to make the database available to the users.
So I'll give them a php page with a "search" field on an apache
webserver, and they can type in nouns and proper names to find
documents, etc. First, I need to crawl, then walk later.  <g>

Best regards,
Mike