Maximum realistic number of database user accounts?

Howdy,

I find that user accounts are very good for
helping me protect application access to the database.
That is, instead of giving a user 1 account, I may give hem
10, and each of those accounts are restricted in the database
in different ways.  Anyway, I'm wondering what the maximum number of
user accounts can
be in a postgres database?

Can I create a database with 1 million login roles and expect performance to
be good? 10 million?

Thanks,
-g

--