SV: Npgsql and the Connection Service File

От Niels Jespersen
Тема SV: Npgsql and the Connection Service File
Дата
Список pgsql-general

(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/libpq-pgservice.html).?

>> The purpose is to abstract physical details such as hostname, portnumber away from the application.
>
>No, the service file is part of libpq, and Npgsql doesn't use that.

Yes. Thank you for clarifying.

It would be nice if Npgsql (and jdbc and others) emulated the libpq behaviour. Because in my mind, abstracting
hostname,portnumber and databasename  away is a really useful feature.

How do others manage this?

Regards Niels Jespersen