Re: edb installation failed for pgadmin when username is Chinese under c;\user #7432

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: edb installation failed for pgadmin when username is Chinese under c;\user #7432
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, 2024-04-28 at 09:03 +0800, 周志勤 wrote:
> https://github.com/pgadmin-org/pgadmin4/issues/7432
> I have reported a bug to pgadmin regarding the issue on the email title. However
> pagadmin team refer me to your team  that it's  under your responsibility.
>
> Shall I open a new ticket or your moderator can dispature the following to your team ?

Sorry, for playing poing pong, but I'd say that somebody at EnterpriseDB is
not doing his job.  The error image in the referenced issue shows an error
caused by a Windows executable called "icacls" invoked on a directory called
"windows_installer_<something>".

There is no reference to either of that in the PostgreSQL source.  Perhaps the
error is connected to some PostgreSQL misbehavior, but that is not obvious.
This clearly needs investigation by the people that wrote the Windows installer.
They can then report a PostgreSQL bug if they think it is one.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe