Re: make default TABLESPACE belong to target table.

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: make default TABLESPACE belong to target table.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/27/16 2:01 AM, Amos Bird wrote:

>> I was thinking about introducing a new GUC, named something like
>> default_index_tablespace, which would need to have at least these
>> behaviors:
>
> Should we also consider the chidren tables as mentioned by Corey?

Wouldn't point #2 handle that?

> 2. index tablespace is same as table's tablespace.

As for a magic value, based on other recent discussion the idea of "-1"
came to me, since per the docs[1] that's not a valid identifier... but
experimentation shows it's fine if you double-quote it. :/

1:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/sql-syntax-lexical.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)