Re: vacuum taking an unusually long time

От Mason Hale
Тема Re: vacuum taking an unusually long time
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 10:26 AM, Mason Hale <masonhale@gmail.com> wrote:
Here's some of the strace output:

select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, {0, 10000}) = 0 (Timeout)

If I read the 'select(2)' man page correctly, it appears this process is waiting indefinitely for a NULL file descriptor.
That looks pretty stuck to me.

Should I kill this autovacuum process via pg_cancel_backend?
Or is there a better way to "unstick" it?

Any ideas what may have caused it to get into this condition?

- Mason