Re: vacuum taking an unusually long time

От Mason Hale
Тема Re: vacuum taking an unusually long time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
None of these values have changed recently.

The values are:

vacuum_cost_delay = 10ms
vacuum_cost_limit = 200

Are there any other values I should be looking at?

The longest running vacuum has been running more than 6 days at this point.

Thanks,
Mason

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Mason Hale <masonhale@gmail.com> wrote:
> Vacuum operations on several tables are taking much longer than they
> previously were.
> We currently have 3 autovacuum processes that have been running more than 3
> days each.
> The tables are large (between 40 and 90GB each).
> Postgresql version is 8.3.1
> maintenance_work_mem is 512MB  (on a 32GB server).
> Any ideas what would make vacuum take so long?
> What can I do to speed things up?

Have you adjusted your vacuum / autovacuum cost parameters up?  that
will certainly slow down vacuums.