Re: table value function help

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: table value function help
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 11/22/18 8:25 AM, Glenn Schultz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a table value function and would like the first and second input
> to take multiple arguments (array or list) I suppose.  Like the below:

I cannot follow what you are trying to achieve.

> create or replace function myfunction(sector, agency, term)
> returns table (cusip char(9), sector char(12))
> language sql
> stable
> as $function$
>
> select foo
> from
> atable
> where
> sector in (myfunction.sector)

 From above:

1) Where is term used?

2) Where is agency used?

3) If you are returning two fields why is there only one in the query?

It might be best to outline the procedure you want to execute. As example:

1) Consume inputs of this type and layout.

2) Process inputs this way.

3) Output this.

> usage
>
> sectorselect('sector_1 sector_2', 'agent_1 agent_2, 120)

I going to assume sectorselect = myfunction, correct?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com