Re: UTF8 frustrations

От jesse.waters@gmail.com
Тема Re: UTF8 frustrations
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks all for the quick replies.

Here is the latest issue, to verify that the pg_dump works, I'm going
to do dump and restore on the same host/cluster.

Source:
 DB_source:
 Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4)
 psql 8.2.4
Destination:
 same machine different db name

echo $LANG
en_US.UTF-8

SET client_encoding = 'UTF8';

Command used:
  pg_dump -Fc srcdb > db.dump
  pg_restore -d devdb db.dump

Results, same error. Now I'm really concerned.

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 1625; 0 16680 TABLE
DATA logs watersj
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] COPY failed: ERROR:  invalid byte sequence
for encoding "UTF8": 0xdf69
HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
"client_encoding
CONTEXT:  COPY logs, line 69238382
WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 1

Jesse Waters