Re: max_slot_wal_keep_size and wal_keep_segments

От David Steele
Тема Re: max_slot_wal_keep_size and wal_keep_segments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 7/20/20 6:02 AM, Fujii Masao wrote:

> On 2020/07/20 13:48, Fujii Masao wrote:

>>> "most recent" seemed implied to me, but I see your point.
>>>
>>> How about:
>>>
>>> +   the most recent <xref linkend="guc-wal-keep-size"/> megabytes of
>>> +   WAL files plus one additional WAL file are
>>
>> I adopted this and pushed the patch. Thanks!
>>
>> Also we need to update the release note for v13. What about adding the
>> following?
>>
>> ------------------------------------
>> Rename configuration parameter wal_keep_segments to wal_keep_size.
>>
>> This allows how much WAL files to retain for the standby server, by
>> bytes instead of the number of files.
>> If you previously used wal_keep_segments, the following formula will
>> give you an approximately equivalent setting:
>>
>> wal_keep_size = wal_keep_segments * wal_segment_size (typically 16MB)
>> ------------------------------------

I would rework that first sentence a bit. How about:

+ This determines how much WAL to retain for the standby server,
+ specified in megabytes rather than number of files.

The rest looks fine to me.

Regards,
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Сообщение: Re: Mark btree_gist functions as PARALLEL SAFE
Сообщение: Re: Mark btree_gist functions as PARALLEL SAFE