Re: CSV export bug?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: CSV export bug?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/29/2018 12:53 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 06/29/2018 09:29 AM, Tracy Babiasz wrote:
>> Hi Adrian. Thanks for the response. I'm not sure how else to explain
>> it. The report executes fine in the query tool and gives me about 300
>> lines in data output. It even appears to export fine. I click on the
>> download button and open in Excel, but I get the statements I copied
>> below. The statement is slightly different if I remove the comment
>> statements within the script. If, instead of opening in Excel, I save
>> the file and give it a name, I have a csv file to open. But the file
>> is only 1KB, and if you open it, you see the statements I copied
>> below, rather than the results of the report.
>>
>> Does that make sense?
>>

> Well I can replicate it so, yes.
>
> Using pgAdmin4 3.1.
>
> My 'report':
>
> DROP TABLE IF EXISTS tmp_test;
> CREATE table tmp_test(id integer, fld_1 varchar);
> select * from cell_per;
>
> The error I get when doing the export:
>
> postgres-2018-06-29 12:39:16.349 PDT-0ERROR:  syntax error at or near
> "DROP" at character 55
> postgres-2018-06-29 12:39:16.349 PDT-0STATEMENT:  DECLARE
> "CURSOR:CONN:8564986" CURSOR WITHOUT HOLD FOR DROP TABLE IF EXISTS
> tmp_test;
>          CREATE table tmp_test(id integer, fld_1 varchar);
>          select * from cell_per;
>
> Looks like pgAdmin4 is running all the queries using a declared
> cursor(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/sql-declare.html). This
> fails because the CURSOR can only take a SELECT or VALUES as the query.
> The DROP TABLE will not work with a CURSOR.
>
> To me it looks like a bug. I would file an issue here:
>
> https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgadmin4
>
> You will need a Postgres community account to access the issue tracker.
> If you do not have one there will be instructions on how to set one up
> when you click on the link above.
>
> For now what seems to work is to open another tab and then open another
> Query Tool. In that Tool do the DROP TABLE/CREATE TABLE and then in the
> other Tool do the SELECT and export from there.

After I posted the above I wondered how that could be as they are
different sessions and we are dealing with a temporary table. Then I
realized my example did not use a temporary table. So if you are going
to use the above then you will need to use a 'permanent' table.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com