Re: postgresql "init script" for postgres 9.2.15

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: postgresql "init script" for postgres 9.2.15
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 07/13/2016 02:35 PM, Steve Langlois wrote:

> Thank you but in our appliance, we are not running postgres as a
> service, we are running it programatically with this script, call
> postmaster to start it for instance instead of using the service
> framework. Is there an equivalent in 9.x or does it now have to run as a
> service. I was able to modify the script to get 9.2 to run but I was
> hoping this script had been updated for 9.x. The current script
> uses --auth='ident sameuser' when calling initdb for instance which is
> not supported in 9.2.

Well first:

systemctl enable postgresql-9.4.service

would make it a service that starts at boot.

If you just want to start and stop on demand then:

systemctl start postgresql-9.4.service

systemctl stop postgresql-9.4.service

If you set on using init.d/ scripts then:

https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob_plain;f=contrib/start-scripts/linux;hb=e9dca8ce147f32d7d64a9e64f9d8339310ad6535

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com