Re: [HACKERS] Cast jsonb to numeric, int, float, bool

От Nikita Glukhov
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Cast jsonb to numeric, int, float, bool
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 02.02.2017 01:07, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On 2/1/17 8:26 AM, Nikita Glukhov wrote:
>> Some comments about the code: I think it would be better to
>>  * add function for extraction of scalars from pseudo-arrays
>>  * iterate until WJB_DONE to pfree iterator
>
> I'm not sure what your intent here is, but if the idea is that a json array
> would magically cast to a bool or a number data type I think that's a bad idea.

My idea, of course, is not about casting any json array to a scalar.  It is only
about helper subroutine for extraction of top-level jsonb scalars that are always
stored as one-element pseudo-arrays with special flag F_SCALAR in the array header.

--
Nikita Glukhov
The Russian Postgres Company