Re: Howto see template objects in PGAdmin3

От James B. Byrne
Тема Re: Howto see template objects in PGAdmin3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, February 14, 2013 06:23, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 15:32 -0500, James B. Byrne wrote:
>> PG-9.2
>> PGAdmin3-1.16.0

>> I am attempting to do this from inside PGAdmin3 but I find that I no
>> longer see either template0 or template1 in the object tree.  Where
>> are they found?
>>

> You first need to check the "Show System Objects in the treeview"
> in the Options dialog. Then, they'll be available in the Databases
> node of the treeview.

Thank you.  With your help I now can view template1 in PGAdmin3.

I notice that the extension in question, plpgsql, has no owner in
template1 and yet I still receive this error when attempting to build
a new test database from a pgdump:

--
-- PostgreSQL database dump
--

SET statement_timeout =3D 0;
SET client_encoding =3D 'UTF8';

--
-- Name: plpgsql; Type: EXTENSION; Schema: -; Owner: -
--

CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS plpgsql WITH SCHEMA pg_catalog;

--
-- Name: EXTENSION plpgsql; Type: COMMENT; Schema: -; Owner: -
--

COMMENT ON EXTENSION plpgsql IS 'PL/pgSQL procedural language';

.  .  .

ERROR:  must be owner of extension plpgsql

Is this a bug?

--=20
James B. Byrne                mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
Canada  L8E 3C3