Re: Making a tree with "millions and millions" of dynamic nodes

От jisaacks@yahoo.com (John Isaacks)
Тема Re: Making a tree with "millions and millions" of dynamic nodes
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> > We did it with C++ and a memory mapped file for persistence.
> > We had to use a 64bit cpu and 12G of RAM.
>
> Wow! That's only 300 bytes of RAM for every 10 digit phone number!

We didn't use all of that, last time I checked it was using apx 4G of
RAM,

We had to plan for every possible USA phone number being ported.
The overhead or memory requirements of indexing goes down as more
numbers are placed in the system.