Postgres Pg_connect PHP

От Tory M Blue
Тема Postgres Pg_connect PHP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Good day,

I'm having one heck of a time here. I'm looking for a clean solution
to issue a COPY statement from a remote system. (because I really
don't want to play the ssh, sudo spiel).

It's evident that pg_connect doesn't like the \copy command (it's a no
go), however it is okay with the COPY command, however the COPY
command requires superuser and I really don't want to open up the DB
from a remote system with Superuser access.

Soooo, what am I missing, misunderstanding ? There has to be a way,
seems from reading this has been brought up but I have not found a
solution.

I must be able to do this from a client system, I must be able to lock
down the db user to limited access and I can take care of permissions
on the client end, but postgres seems to be slightly rigid in regards
to the COPY command and the fact that one can't really have a jailed
superuser. I also understand that it's a pg_connect limitation to not
accept the \copy variant which would solve me issues.

Help me Rhonda, help help me..

Thanks
Tory