Re: Is this a problem in GenericXLogFinish()?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Is this a problem in GenericXLogFinish()?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2023-10-26 at 07:00 +0300, Alexander Lakhin wrote:

> It looks like the buffer is not dirty in the problematic call.

Thank you for the report! I was able to reproduce and observe that the
buffer is not marked dirty.

The call (hashovfl.c:671):

  XLogRegisterBuffer(1, wbuf, REGBUF_STANDARD)

is followed unconditionally by:

  PageSetLSN(BufferGetPage(wbuf), recptr)

so if the Assert were not there, it would be setting the LSN on a page
that's not marked dirty. Therefore I think this is a bug, or at least
an interesting/unexpected case.

Perhaps the registration and the PageSetLSN don't need to happen when
nitups==0?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis