limiting performance impact of wal archiving.

От Laurent Laborde
Тема limiting performance impact of wal archiving.
Дата
Re: limiting performance impact of wal archiving.
Список pgsql-performance
Hi !
We recently had a problem with wal archiving badly impacting the
performance of our postgresql master.
And i discovered "cstream", that can limite the bandwidth of pipe stream.

Here is our new archive command, FYI, that limit the IO bandwidth to 500KB/s  :
archive_command = '/bin/cat %p | cstream -i "" -o "" -t -500k | nice
gzip -9 -c | /usr/bin/ncftpput etc...'

PS : While writing that mail, i just found that i could replace :
cat %p | cstream -i "" ...
with
cstream -i %p ...
*grins*