Re: Implementing an Index Access Method in PG 8.4

От Carsten Kropf
Тема Re: Implementing an Index Access Method in PG 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ok, thanks so far.
The main question for me now is how to support all the XLog stuff in my own access method. I cannot set it up using the
WALrecovery procedure. So, what do I have to insert when doing a XLogInsert for example? I don't know which values to
putin there or doesn't it just matter, based on the fact that no recovery will be done at all? How do I register to the
XLogcomponent in order to achieve some message that an index recreation has to be done by the user?
Actually, I have looked at the code provided by the backend index methods (like GiST or btree) and copied some of the
codeand adopted it to my wishes. So, now, I am totally confused how to set up a page properly without knowing how to
putdata in using XLog components. Could anybody please give me a hint how to achieve this?
Am I able to use the XLog stuff at all?

Best regards
    Carsten Kropf
Am 23.02.2010 um 11:21 schrieb Greg Stark:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Carsten Kropf <ckropf2@fh-hof.de> wrote:
>> I have a question according to the implementation of a new index access method in Postgres. Is it necessary to
implementa new resource manager for XLog when I am trying to achieve a stable new index access method?