Request to share information regarding postgresql pg_xlog file.

От Yogesh Sharma
Тема Request to share information regarding postgresql pg_xlog file.
Дата
Re: Request to share information regarding postgresql pg_xlog file.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general

Dear Team,

Thanks for your support and suggestion.

We are using below postgresql rpm.

postgresql-8.1.18-2.1

In our system, below error is found and occurring is very frequent.

CONTEXT:  writing block 53 of relation 1663/16385/280951

ERROR:  could not open relation 1663/16385/280951: No such file or directory

Due to this, size of pg_xlog is increasing continuous.

Could you please share what is possible cause of this issue.

And how we can resolve this issue.

Also , we tried to stop the postgresql but it couldn’t stop and timout after 60 sec.

please confirm below message in postgre logs.

FATAL:  terminating connection due to administrator command

Regards,

Yogesh