RE: AW: AW: AW: WAL does not recover gracefully from ou t-of -dis k-sp ace

От Mikheev, Vadim
Тема RE: AW: AW: AW: WAL does not recover gracefully from ou t-of -dis k-sp ace
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> $ gcc -Wall -O -DINIT_WRITE -DUSE_DSYNC -DBLOCKS=1 tfsync.c                             ^^^^^^^^^^^
You should use -DUSE_OSYNC to test O_SYNC.
So you've tested N * write() + fsync(), exactly what I've asked -:)

> So I also see that there is no benefit to writing more than
> one block at a time with ODSYNC.  And even at half a meg per write,
> DSYNC is slower than ODSYNC with 8K per write!  Note the fairly high
> system-time consumption for DSYNC, too.  I think this is not so much
> a matter of a really good ODSYNC implementation, as a really bad DSYNC
> one ...

So seems we can use O_DSYNC without losing log write performance
comparing with write() + fsync. Though, we didn't tested write() +
fdatasync()
yet...

Vadim

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: AW: AW: AW: WAL does not recover gracefully from ou t-of -dis k-sp ace
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: AW: AW: AW: WAL does not recover gracefully from ou t-of -dis k-sp ace