RE: Re: ?????: ?????: WAL and indexes (Re: [HACKERS] WA L status & todo)

От Mikheev, Vadim
Тема RE: Re: ?????: ?????: WAL and indexes (Re: [HACKERS] WA L status & todo)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'm still nervous about how we're going to test the WAL code
> adequately for the lesser-used index types. Any ideas out there?

First, seems we'll have to follow to what you've proposed for
their redo/undo: log each *fact* of changing a page to know
was update op done entirely or not (rebuild index if so).
+ log information about where to find tuple pointing to heap
(for undo).

This is much easy to do than logging suitable for recovery.

Vadim