RE: foreign key introduces unnecessary locking ?

От Mikheev, Vadim
Тема RE: foreign key introduces unnecessary locking ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Try this for both FK tables:

create table tmp2(idx2 int4, col2 int4, constraint
tmpcon2 foreign key(col2) references tmp1(idx) INITIALLY DEFERRED);

This will defer constraint checks till transaction commit...
though constraint triggers should use SnapshotDirty instead of
SELECT FOR UPDATE anyway.

Did you consider this, Jan?

Vadim