Re: any solution for doing a data file import spawning it on multiple processes

От hb@101-factory.eu
Тема Re: any solution for doing a data file import spawning it on multiple processes
Дата
Re: any solution for doing a data file import spawning it on multiple processes  (Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
thanks i thought about splitting the file, but that did no work out well.

so we receive 2 files evry 30 seconds and need to import this as fast as possible.

we do not run java curently but maybe it's an option.
are you willing to share your code?

also i was thinking using perl for it

henk

On 16 jun. 2012, at 17:37, Edson Richter <edsonrichter@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Em 16/06/2012 12:04, hb@101-factory.eu escreveu:
>> hi there,
>>
>> I am trying to import large data files into pg.
>> for now i used the. xarg linux command to spawn the file line for line and set  and use the  maximum available
connections.

>> we use pg pool as connection pool to the database, and so try to maximize the concurrent data import of the file.
>>
>> problem for now that it seems to work well but we miss a line once in a while, and that is not acceptable. also it
createszombies ;(.

>> does anybody have any other tricks that will do the job?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> Henk
>
> I've used custom Java application using connection pooling (limited to 1000 connections, mean 1000 concurrent file
imports).

> I'm able to import more than 64000 XML files (about 13Kb each) in 5 minutes, without memory leaks neither zombies,
and(of course) no missing records.

> Besides I each thread import separate file, I have another situation where I have separated threads importing
differentlines of same file. No problems at all. Do not forget to check your OS "file open" limits (it was a big issue
inthe past for me due Lucene indexes generated during import).