Re: Rename setup_cancel_handler in pg_dump

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Rename setup_cancel_handler in pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 26 Jan 2024, at 01:42, Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> I am proposing it because there is a public function with
> the same name in fe_utils/cancel.c. I know pg_dump/parallel.c
> does not include fe_utils/cancel.h, so there is no conflict,
> but I think it is better to use different names to reduce
> possible confusion.

Given that a "git grep setup_cancel_hander" returns hits in pg_dump along with
other frontend utils, I can see the risk of confusion.

-setup_cancel_handler(void)
+pg_dump_setup_cancel_handler(void)

We don't have any other functions prefixed with pg_dump_, based on the naming
of the surrounding code in the file I wonder if set_cancel_handler is a more
appropriate name?

--
Daniel Gustafsson