Re: "stuck spinlock"

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: "stuck spinlock"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Dec 13, 2013, at 1:49 PM, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is this an edge case or something that will hit a lot of users?

My understanding (Tom can correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure) is that it is an issue for servers on 9.3.2 where there
area lot of query cancellations due to facilities like statement_timeout or lock_timeout that cancel a query
asynchronously. I assume pg_cancel_backend() would apply as well.

We've only seen it on one client, and that client had a *lot* (thousands on thousands) of statement_timeout
cancellations.

--
-- Christophe Pettus  xof@thebuild.com