RE: [Proposal] Add accumulated statistics

От Yotsunaga, Naoki
Тема RE: [Proposal] Add accumulated statistics
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Nov 5, 2018 at 4:26 PM, Naoki Yotsunaga wrote:

>>2) it consumes system resources

>While the system is running, you are always sampling system information, do not you? Like Oracle ASH.

I don’t understand well how sampling is used.

In which scene do you use the sampling? Or is it both scenes? Or is it a different scene?

A)  Perform sampling in order to obtain information on the entire DB while DB is in operation.

B)  I know roughly the process to be late. When investigating the reason for delaying the processing, sampling is performed on the processing.

Naoki Yotsunaga