Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Re: Server side cursor limitations for on demand loading of data in query tool [RM2137] [pgAdmin4]

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Re: Server side cursor limitations for on demand loading of data in query tool [RM2137] [pgAdmin4]
Дата
Ответ на Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Re: Server side cursor limitations for ondemand loading of data in query tool [RM2137] [pgAdmin4]  (Robert Eckhardt <reckhardt@pivotal.io>)
Список pgadmin-hackers

On 27 Jun 2017, at 17:18, Robert Eckhardt <reckhardt@pivotal.io> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 5:03 PM, Joao Pedro De Almeida Pereira <jdealmeidapereira@pivotal.io> wrote:
Hello Hackers,

When we started the app we noticed some change in the front end.

The line numbers in the Editor:
- We noticed a bug with the numbers where at 10000 rows, the numbers would be cut off.
- When the row is selected the color of the text should be white
- Centering the number column would differentiate it from the rest of the table and prevent any confusion

Do we want line numbers? I'm of mixed opinion. On the one hand it implies and ordered set of results when Postgres inherently doesn't order results. On the other hand it nicely tells you where you are in the results set if you are scrolling around.

Yes, they are incredibly useful.