Re: Best practices for data buffer cache setting/tuning (v15)

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: Best practices for data buffer cache setting/tuning (v15)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> On Jan 29, 2024, at 11:39, David Gauthier <dfgpostgres@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is there a document which makes recommendations on sizing data buffer cache, tuning options which evict old/unused
datain mem, and cache fragmentation avoidance for a v15.3 DB ?

On any modern system, set shared_buffers to 25% of instance RAM, and get on with life.

I realize that seems glib, but small variations in shared_buffers make almost no significant difference in performance.
There are unusual workloads (like very high insert rate with few queries) that require different settings, but for most
typicalELTP or data warehouse workloads, that is sufficient.

От: Alan Hodgson
Сообщение: Re: Seeking help extricating data from Amazon RDS Aurora/Postgres
От: Klaus Darilion
Сообщение: Re: What should I expect when creating many logical replication slots?