Re: limit based on count(*)

От Russell Keane
Тема Re: limit based on count(*)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Hello List,
>
> I have a query that counts how many time an event occurs in our event_log=
 these are grouped by the serial number of the device that created the even=
t. I would like to show only the rows where the number of events exceeds so=
me threshold.

> simplified query:
> select serial_no, count(*) as "restarts" from event_log where event_mesg =
ilike 'system sta%' and event_date > current_date - 7 group by serial_no or=
der by restarts;

> So what I would like to see is only the serial_nos that had more than X r=
estarts.

> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> --
> Stephen Clark

Could you not do:

Select * from=20
(
select serial_no, count(*) as "restarts" from event_log where event_mesg il=
ike 'system sta%' and event_date > current_date - 7 group by serial_no orde=
r by restarts
)
Where "restarts" > X;

Regards,