Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs

От Mark Dilger
Тема Re: Granting SET and ALTER SYSTE privileges for GUCs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Nov 17, 2021, at 9:06 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>
> I agree it's not ideal. At the time I suggested a more flexible approach
> I hadn't really thought about the problems of upgrading. If you can come
> up with something that works there then I'll be all ears.

Are you talking about upgrades preserving revocations of privileges on gucs from predefined roles, or merely preserving
grantsand revocation of privileges on gucs to regular roles?  I think the former problem is easily handled by not
shippingany predefined roles with such privileges.  The latter problem would seem to be a mere matter of programming,
somethingI'm working on but don't have finished.  (But maybe you see dragons ahead for me that I'm not seeing yet?)

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company