Re: Date type in pl/pgsql function checking passed parameter

От John DeSoi
Тема Re: Date type in pl/pgsql function checking passed parameter
Дата
Список pgsql-php
On Oct 24, 2005, at 9:02 AM, Partners Majolee Infotech wrote:

> We have a pl/pgsql function functionName(date) .. here if it has
> been called using functionName('23456') it gives error .. we need
> to raise an exception(customized error message) if the passed value
> is not date.. how can we do that.

You can add a function with the same name that accepts a text
parameter instead of a date. Then check the date and call your
functionName(date) function or raise your custom exception if the
date is invalid.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL