Re: huge disparities in =/IN/BETWEEN performance

От George Pavlov
Тема Re: huge disparities in =/IN/BETWEEN performance
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> > BYs on user_id and various subqueries, but my basic thought is that
> > should not really matter...
>
> You're unlikely to get any useful comment on this when you have not
> shown any of those details, nor even an EXPLAIN.

yes, i know. i guess i was partially just venting. sorry. the problem is
that the view is very complex and cleansing it for general consumprion
and paring it down to some degree of readability is a lot of work.

the basic question i have is fairly clear though: why saying "where x =
10" should be  different (in ANY cicumstance, not just mine) from saying
"where x between 10 and 10" or from "where x in (select ... /* some
query that returns 10 */)" ???

i am not really looking for help optimizing my view and query, more of a
general idea of should this happen, when might this happen, why is it a
good idea that this happens? is this a better statement of the issue?
thanks for listening!

george

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: huge disparities in =/IN/BETWEEN performance
Сообщение: Re: huge disparities in =/IN/BETWEEN performance