reltuples < # of rows

От Eric Brown
Тема reltuples < # of rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I thought that the number of tuples in a table must be greater than the
number of rows? For one of my tables, I have the following:
# analyze t_stats;
ANALYZE
siteserverdb=# select reltuples, relpages from pg_class where relname =
't_stats';
  reltuples | relpages
-----------+----------
       1760 |    21119
(1 row)

siteserverdb=# select count(*) from t_stats;
  count
-------
   1861
(1 row)

How is this possible?

I'm running postgres 8.0 on a redhat ws3. Clearly I'm not vacuuming
enough, but that seems to be a separate issue to me. Am I seeing data
corruption?

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Brown