Re: Join runs for > 10 hours and then fills up >1.3TB of disk space

От kevin kempter
Тема Re: Join runs for > 10 hours and then fills up >1.3TB of disk space
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I'm expecting 9,961,914 rows returned. Each row in the big table
should have a corresponding key in the smaller tale, I want to
basically "expand" the big table column list by one, via adding the
appropriate key from the smaller table for each row in the big table.
It's not a cartesion product join.

On May 16, 2008, at 1:40 AM, Richard Huxton wrote:

> kevin kempter wrote:
>> Hi List;
>> I have a table with 9,961,914 rows in it (see the describe of
>> bigtab_stats_fact_tmp14 below)
>> I also have a table with 7,785 rows in it (see the describe of
>> xsegment_dim below)
>> I'm running the join shown below and it takes > 10 hours and
>> eventually runs out of disk space on a 1.4TB file system
>
>> QUERY PLAN

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Merge
>>  Join  (cost=1757001.74..73569676.49 rows=3191677219 width=118)
>
> Dumb question Kevin, but are you really expecting 3.2 billion rows
> in the result-set? Because that's approaching 400GB of result-set
> without any overheads.
>
> --
>  Richard Huxton
>  Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: Join runs for > 10 hours and then fills up >1.3TB of disk space
Сообщение: Re: Join runs for > 10 hours and then fills up >1.3TB of disk space