Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time

От Gregory Williamson
Тема Re: Postgres mail list traffic over time
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:

> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> So, to a first approximation, the PG list traffic has been constant
> >> since 2000.  Not the result I expected.
>
> > I also was confused by its flatness.  I am finding the email traffic
> > almost impossible to continue tracking, so something different is
> > happening, but it seems it is not volume-related.
>
> Yes, my perception also is that it's getting harder and harder to keep
> up with the list traffic; so something is happening that a simple
> volume count doesn't capture.

The numbers posted show a slow but steady increase, but I am wondering if there's more distinct subjects ?

Can we get a count on distinct threads per month (obviously some slop as some threads last for a while).

Greg Williamson
Senior DBA
DigitalGlobe

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

(My corporate masters made me say this.)