Re: 8.2/8.3 incompatibility

От Gregory Williamson
Тема Re: 8.2/8.3 incompatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Harald,

> I've found an incompatibility between PostgreSQL 8.2.4 and 8.3.0 which
> is not clearly documented.  Here's a short example:

<...>

> (Note the different column types.)

Precisely -- there are a number of casts that have been removed from this release. You can find details in the release notes. A pain, to be sure, but apparently under-the-hood this helps make things saner.

You can create your own cast or modify the DDL to be sane.

HTH,

Greg Williamson
Senior DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC, a DigitalGlobe company

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

(My corporate masters made me say this.)