Re: Seeking advice on database replication.

От Demitri Muna
Тема Re: Seeking advice on database replication.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Scott and Matthias for your replies!

On Nov 11, 2010, at 5:29 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> Next time, post questions to the slony mailing list if you get stuck,
> we're pretty helpful over there.  also look at some of the "my first
> replicated db" tutorials for it.
> Slony, btw, supports replicating whatever you want to replicate.  You
> build a set with the tables in it and replicate that set.  That set
> can be almost any group of tables and sequences yuo want to define.

At the time I remember trying to do my 'due diligence' before going to the list, but just got frustrated. I'm happy to
revisitit and will certainly avail myself of the list. When I read that PG9 was going to support replication I just
decidedto put it off until then. Slony might be our best option.

On Nov 12, 2010, at 3:49 PM, Matthias Müller wrote:

> I don't know slony that much. I used WAL processing. But since 9.0 I prefer
> Hot-Streaming replication. This link is a good starting point - besides the
> documentation.
>
> <http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/database-soup/5-minutes-to-binary-
> replication-41873>

Thanks - I'll take a look at that as well. I'm not familiar at all with WAL processing, so it wasn't even an option on
myradar.

Cheers,
Demitri

Center for Cosmology and Particle Physics
New York University