Re: Setting up replication from 9.4 to 10.4

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: Setting up replication from 9.4 to 10.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Am 06.06.2018 um 08:16 schrieb Lionel Tressens:
> Hello,
>
> We are running a single PG 9.4 database node we are switching to PG
> 10.4 (which will run as master + setup of a slave)
>
> To minimize downtime when switching from the 9.4 server to the 10.4
> one, I would like to setup a replication stream instead of stopping
> the production, dumping 9.4 and restoring in 10.4 which my take a lot
> of time.
>
> The next steps would be to reinstall the 9.4 server from scratch with
> 10.4 and setup this host as a slave, ready to take the master role if
> needed (hot standby).
>
> Can such a replication be established between 9.4 and 10.4 and what
> replication tool/schema to use ? I have been through the documentation
> on replication in 9.4 and 10.4 but things are very confusing to me
> about this point.

you can't use the in-build streaming replication between different major
versions, but you can use trigger-based replications, for instance
londiste or slony.

You can also use use our extension pglogical, see
https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/pglogical/. If i were you i
would use the latter ;-)

Regards, Andreas

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company.
www.2ndQuadrant.com