Re: [pgadmin-support] Help for Migration

От
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] Help for Migration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Craig,

The procedure definition is
CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE employeedetailinsert(dellbadgeid  character varying DEFAULT NULL::character varying, empid
charactervarying DEFAULT NULL::character varying, firstname  character varying DEFAULT NULL::character varying,
lastname character varying DEFAULT NULL::character varying, dob_day  character varying DEFAULT NULL::character varying,
dob_month character varying DEFAULT NULL::character varying, contactno  character varying DEFAULT NULL::character
varying,email  character varying DEFAULT NULL::character varying, hiredate  character varying DEFAULT NULL::character
varying,rehiredate  character varying DEFAULT NULL::character varying, totalexp  character varying DEFAULT
NULL::charactervarying, statuscd  character varying DEFAULT NULL::character varying, costcenter  character varying
DEFAULTNULL::character varying, "location"  character varying DEFAULT NULL::character varying, grade  character varying
DEFAULTNULL::character varying, hrmgrid  character varying DEFAULT NULL::character varying, hrorgmgr  character varying
DEFAULTNULL::character varying, hrdepartment  character varying DEFAULT NULL::character varying, financedepartment
charactervarying DEFAULT NULL::character varying, financedepartmentdescription  character varying DEFAULT
NULL::charactervarying, passport  character varying DEFAULT NULL::character varying, passvalidfrom  character varying
DEFAULTNULL::character varying, passvalidupto  character varying DEFAULT NULL::character varying) AS...

-- So I am not calling a function but a procedure.

The ODBC string is:
conn.Open "Provider=PGNP.1;Password=PGDBTest5;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=enterprisedb;Initial Catalog=edb;Data
Source=<ip_address>;PORT=5444;SSL=allow;"

here <IP address> is replaced for discretion.

I have all reasons to believe that this connection string works as I am able to connect to other pages where the
database-ASPpage interaction is directly using select, insert and update statements rather than calling procedures.

Finally I have copy-pasted the "exec proc" form the error in Pgadmin and executed the same to get desirable results. So
Idoubt if the parameters have anything to do with this.

Hope I have provided all the information. Please let me know if I am still lost somewhere.

Thanks,
Mamatha